The European Digital Education Hub has set up a new workgroup with the focus on designing and developing the higher education interoperability framework. Registration to join is now open.
About the workgroup
This new workgroup is a continuation of the squad on interoperability of the Digital Education Hub. The aim is to provide European Higher Education Institutions with a practical framework to ensure interoperable virtual learning environments and virtual campuses.
The workgroup will provide a forum to:
- identify needs and requirements for interoperability in higher education, especially linked to the European Universities Initiative
- map use cases which should be facilitated through policy action on interoperability
- conduct technological analysis of enabling factors required to implement these use cases
- validate a reference architecture for a European Interoperability Framework
The European Higher Education Interoperability Workgroup is seeking expert members with the following qualifications or similar:
- professionals with expertise in educational standards
- IT architects who operate at the national level within the field of educational IT
- stakeholders currently involved in projects related to higher education interoperability
- representatives from university alliances that possess robust interoperability work packages
The workgroup will be active from September 2023 until February 2025. During this period, there will be regular information and update sessions, online consultations, virtual presentations, design thinking workshops, and requirement gathering sessions.
It is important to note that the work carried out by members of the workgroup is voluntary and unpaid.
Source: European Commission | European Education Area (https://shorturl.at/ayJY2)