Under the Reforming and enhancing the EU R&I system destination, 17 projects are receiving €35 million in funding to work on better ways of advancing research and innovation.
As part of the Horizon Europe Widening participation and strengthening the European Research Area (ERA) work programme, the Enhancing the European Research & Innovation system funding opportunity aims to improve the system through structural changes, access to excellence and deepening the ERA.
The ERA 2023 call for proposals results
The most recent call for proposals closed on 9 March 2023, with 45 proposals received. Applications were subjected to evaluations by the European Research Executive Agency, with 17 successful proposals having already signed their grant agreements and received EU funding to kick off their projects. The total amount invested is €35 million.
On 6 December 2023, a new call for proposals will be opened, with an overall indicative budget of around €25 million. It will focus on 9 topics, covering different priorities:
Prioritizing investments and reforms:
- Programme level collaboration between national R&I policymakers;
Improving access to excellence:
- Support for the professionalisation of research management;
- Strengthening researchers’ skills for better careers – leveraging the European Competence Framework for Researchers;
Deepening the European Research Area:
- Capacity building on Intellectual Property (IP) management to support open science;
- Global cooperation in not-for-profit open access publishing;
- Support to the development and implementation of policies and practices for reproducibility of scientific results;
- Policy coordination to support all aspects of inclusive Gender Equality Plans and policies in the ERA;
- Support to the implementation of inclusive gender equality plans;
- Next generation AI and Human Behaviour: promoting an ethical approach.
The deadline for applicants will be 12 March 2024. Make sure to check out the 9 topics and the recorded Info Day to learn more about the call and the application process!
Source: European Commission | European Research Executive Agency (https://shorturl.at/jnH12)