Postdoctoral Fellowships give researchers holding a PhD a chance to gain new skills and experience whilst carrying out their own research project abroad. The deadline to apply is 13 September 2023. European Union, 2021
The 2023 call for the Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions Postdoctoral Fellowships is open as of today.
With a budget of € 260.47 million, these grants will enhance the creative and innovative potential of researchers holding a PhD and wishing to acquire new skills through advanced training and international, interdisciplinary, and inter-sectoral mobility.
The call is open to applications in any scientific field, including Euratom research.
- European Postdoctoral Fellowships, open to researchers of any nationality to carry out a personalised project in the EU or countries associated to Horizon Europe
- Global Postdoctoral Fellowships, open to European nationals or long-term residents wishing to work with organisations in third countries before returning to Europe
Researchers must apply together with a host organisation, which can be a university, research institution, business, small or medium-sized enterprise, or other organisation based in an EU Member State or Horizon Europe associated country.
The scheme encourages researchers to gain experience beyond academia by giving them the opportunity to request an additional six months at the end of their fellowship to undertake a placement in a non-academic organisation in Europe.
The call is open to researchers wishing to reintegrate in Europe, to those who are displaced by conflict, as well as to researchers with high potential who are seeking to restart their careers.
The call will close on 13 September 2023 and is expected to fund over 1,200 projects.
Researchers applying for a European Fellowship with a host organisation from a “widening country” (i.e. a country with low participation rates in Horizon Europe) can opt in to be considered for the ERA Fellowships call.
The ERA Fellowships will fund high-scoring proposals submitted under the MSCA Postdoctoral Fellowships which cannot be funded due to budget constraints.
- 12 April 2023: Launch of the call for proposals
- 13 September 2023: Deadline to submit proposals
- February 2024: Notification of call results to applicants (TBC)
- March-May 2024: Grant agreement signature for successful projects (TBC)
- April-May 2024: First EU-funded projects start (TBC)
Find out more and apply
Source: European Commission | Marie Sklodowska – Curie Actions (https://bit.ly/41Ad2HU)