This call will fund doctoral and postdoctoral programmes promoting MSCA’s best practices and excellent working conditions for researchers.
The second call of the Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions-funded COFUND scheme closed on 16 February 2023. The European Research Executive Agency received 107 proposals.
By comparison, 116 proposals were submitted in 2021 and 27 were eventually selected for funding.
This year’s submitted proposals are distributed as follows
- COFUND Doctoral Programmes: 56 proposals
- COFUND Postdoctoral Programmes: 51 proposals
Through this call, the European Union (EU) is expected to fund between 25 and 30 projects to train researchers with an indicative budget of €95 million.
Funding for excellent doctoral and postdoctoral programmes
The MSCA COFUND action gives organisations a unique opportunity to attract talent and increase their research and innovation capacities through their own doctoral and postdoctoral fellowships programmes.
COFUND spreads the MSCA’s best practices by promoting high standards in researchers’ training and career development, competitive international recruitment and excellent working conditions.
Funded programmes can have a regional, national and international scope and should promote sustainable training and international, interdisciplinary and inter-sectoral mobility to
- train researchers and innovators in academia and beyond
- allow them to enlarge their networks and share knowledge to carry out cutting-edge research
- provide them with new knowledge, skills and career development perspectives
- boost their creativity and entrepreneurship
- March 2023 to June 2023: Evaluation by the European Research Executive Agency and external independent expert evaluators
- July 2023: Notification of call results to applicants
- October 2023: Expected signature of the grant agreement with the European Commission for successful projects
- January 2024: First EU-funded projects start.
Source: European Commission I Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions (https://bit.ly/3I9cEb4)