The Erasmus+ Teacher Academies 2024 call for proposals is open for submission. Find out the call novelties, how to apply and other useful resources.
The Erasmus+ Teacher Academies 2024 call for proposals aims to create European partnerships of teacher education and training providers, to set up Erasmus+ Teacher Academies, that will develop a European and international outlook in teacher education. These Academies will embrace multilingualism, language awareness and cultural diversity, develop teacher education in line with the EU’s priorities in education policy and contribute to the achievement of the objectives of the European Education Area.
Important changes in the 2024 call (ERASMUS-EDU-2024-PEX-TEACH-ACA)
– The target group has expanded. For the purpose of this call, the term “teacher” is to be understood in an enlarged way, including trainers and early childhood education and care (ECEC) staff. For this reason, in the section on the eligible organisations (non-exhaustive list), the level of International Standard Classification of Education (ISCED) has been extended from 0 to 3.
– In the objectives of the action and under the revised guiding point ‘Link to the objectives of the call’, four horizontal priorities of the Erasmus+ Programme have been added, as theme(s) for the Teacher Academies activities:
- Inclusion and diversity;
- Environment and fight against climate change;
- Addressing digital transformation through development of digital readiness, resilience and capacity;
- Common values, civic engagement and participation.
– Under eligibility of the participating organisations, the coordinating organisation must be a Teacher Education Institution. This cannot be an affiliated entity.
– The eligibility criteria for the consortium composition have been updated. The minimum number of applicants (beneficiaries; not affiliated entities) and minimum number of eligible countries involved has been increased. A minimum of one practice/training school needs to be applicant. Please consult the text of the call for the specific details.
– Some guiding points of the award criteria have been added or updated. Under the criterion ‘Relevance of the project’, ‘Link to the objectives of the call’ has been revised and the point ‘EU Values’ has been added. Moreover, under the criterion ‘Quality of the partnership, ‘Cooperation with stakeholders’ and ‘Geographical balance’ have been updated.
– The minimum score to be considered for funding has been increased to at least 70 points (out of 100 points in total).
– Rules for prioritisation of ex-aequo proposal have been updated. Please consult the text of the call for the specific details.
– The funding mechanism has been changed. The action follows a lump-sum funding model. For more information, please refer to the funding rules outlined in the call.
– The relevant work package should include costs for at least one annual meeting (1 representative from each full partner of the project) organised by or at the initiative of the European Commission/European Education and Culture Executive Agency for the exchange of good practices and mutual learning between Erasmus+ Teacher Academies.
– The maximum number of pages for the Application Form (Part B – Technical Description) is now 70 pages.
Source: European Commission | European Education and Culture Executive Agency (https://shorturl.at/erMNU)