EIT Urban Mobility’s equity portfolio keeps growing! During the first half of 2022, EIT Urban Mobility has invested in eleven innovative start-ups. Furthermore, three follow up investments have been made in existing companies from our equity portfolio.
The common factor between all these top-tier entrepreneurs is their impact on reshaping the mobility landscape. They are showcasing the major market trends such as sustainable city logistics, future mobility and connectivity.
EIT Urban Mobility welcomes the following ventures to its equity portfolio:
- Bout: a digital platform for water transportation, increasing the accessibility of maritime locations for consumers.
- Chainge: reduces inner city CO2, NOx, PM and noise pollution and traffic congestion by replacing delivery vans with cargo bike driven sustainable last mile logistics (LML).
- Cogo: an app gathering all shared scooters, bikes, cars and moped as long as they are human or electric powered, making it easy and seamless to move around cities the green way.
- Eccocar: a platform to launch, operate and scale digital mobility services, designed hand in hand with Rent-a-Cars, Dealers and Fleet Managers around the world.
- GeoFluxus: maps, analyses and predicts where, how and which materials can be saved from becoming waste.
- Jonna: offers quality bikes/e-bikes which they make themselves, on monthly subscriptions with insurance and service included.
- Luna Systems : an ‘Edge AI’ / computer vision technology, to keep micromobility vehicles safely in the correct lane and/or parking zone.
- Mioo : provides safety and bike (repair) services for everyday cyclists to have more people to use the bicycle as a means of transport.
- Solum: develops last-generation solar-backed charging stations for light electric vehicles.
- Transition One: retrofits light ICE cars (passengers, commercial) into electric cars.
- ZipForce: a portable electric motor that turns any regular bicycle into an e-bike.
Jonna, Luna, Transition one, and existing equity start-up Nudgd have received capital as part of the New European Bauhaus programme 2022. Nudgd, nominee for the EIT Venture Award 2022, offers a digital platform using behavioural science to establish climate-friendly habits such as switching from cars to active mobility and public transportation.
The other equity start-ups receiving follow-up investments are:
- Skyroads: enables advanced air mobility to scale safely and efficiently.
- Vonzu : empowers the digitalization in the urban distribution of goods with a last mile logistics management platform.
Besides capital to scale, internationalise and grow, the invested ventures have now access to the largest pan-European mobility network, including cities, corporates and other European organisations such as the EIB, the EIC and the EIF.
Is your company looking for capital? EIT Urban Mobility keeps looking for the most prominent entrepreneurs to disrupt the European mobility industry with our year-round open call for investments. Check out the investment page for more information or apply directly via AwardsForce.
Source: EIT Urban Mobility (https://bit.ly/3ASjKNl)