The final conclusion of a seminar held in the framework of the IENE 11 project entitled ‘Empowering nurses/ of three and health professionals to promote vaccination and deal with reluctance -PROVAC’ is that increasing knowledge about vaccines, as well as communication skills, especially in the field of cultural and social relations, can empower health professionals. The coordinator of the project is the Cyprus University of Technology (CUT).
The IENE 11 project aims to develop an educational programme (MOOC-Massive Open Online Course) and educational material that will be suitable to support and train health professionals to promote vaccination and address vaccine hesitancy.
Within the framework of the project, a seminar was held on Wednesday, September 6, 2023, at the Pefkos Hotel in Limassol, with the aim of informing and raising awareness among health professionals.
Specifically, the seminar had the following main elements in its objective:
- Update on the objectives of the IENE11 project.
- Increase participants’ awareness and knowledge about the MOOC.
- Provide hands-on experience on using MOOC as an innovative and effective training tool.
- Conduct networking and exchange of experiences, views and goals related to the educational activities to be included in the MOOC.
- Collection of opinions and suggestions from the participants regarding the sustainability of the project results. To inform about the objectives of the IENE11 project
- To increase the awareness and knowledge of the participants about the MOOC
- To provide hands-on experience in using the MOOC as an innovative and effective training tool
- Networking and sharing experiences, interests and goals regarding the educational activities that the MOOC will include
- To obtain the opinions and suggestions of the participants regarding the sustainability of the project results
The conclusions of the seminar show that health professionals (nurses, health visitors and doctors) have shown a significant interest in promoting vaccination and dealing with hesitancy towards vaccines. The final conclusion of the seminar is that increasing knowledge about vaccines, as well as communication skills, especially in the area of cultural and social relations, can empower health professionals. In this way, they can combat misinformation and facilitate the development of confidence in vaccines, especially among people who show particular reluctance or belong to vulnerable social groups.
The MOOC will start on October 2, 2023 and end on November 10, 2023.
Source: Cyprus University of Technology | News (https://shorturl.at/hptKU)