First Transnational Meeting of the Partners of the “ TRANSiTION ” Project: New digital training programme for health professionals, in the provision of better quality care for patients with malignancy.
The innovative, two-year research project to strengthen the digital skills of professionals involved in cancer health care in Europe, held the 1st Transnational Meeting with a hybrid presence, on May 4-5, 2023 , in Limassol. The project is financed under the EU4HEALTH pillar, of the European Union, which aims to implement the Plan against Cancer in the European Union (i.e. EU Beating Cancer Plan). A total of 25 organizations from 14 European countries participate in the project.
The coordinator of the project is the Associate Professor, Dr. Andreas Charalambous, Department of Nursing, Cyprus University of Technology. The remaining members of the research team are Dr. Theologia Tsitsis and Dr. Elena Roussou, EEP, Department of Nursing, Dr. Eftyvoulos Kyriakou, Associate Professor, Department of Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering and Informatics and Dr. Ioli Nikolaidou, Associate Professor, Department of Communication and Internet Studies, Cyprus University of Technology. Dr. Maria Christodoulou Fella, Nursing Officer A, Department of Community Mental Health Nursing and Konstantina Klokonis, Head of Radiation Oncology Nurses/Research Nurse, German Oncology Center, Dimitris Protogiros, Oncology Nurse/Research Nurse, Ministry of Health of Greece and Maria Dolores.
The purpose of the meeting was to bring together the consortium to align opinions and chart a common course from the initial stages of project implementation.
The educational activity of the project is addressed to a total of 8250 Health Professionals in 12 institutions covering a wide range of general and specialist doctors, such as oncologists, nurses, radiologists, surgical oncologists, etc. The training will also be addressed to administratively senior support staff (i.e. health managers) , such as managers in care facilities (a total of 1650 Managers in 12 institutions) .
The project was initiated with the ultimate goal of exploring the existing knowledge of healthcare providers about digital health, while also exploring their needs regarding what they would need to know in order to improve their clinic to provide quality patient care. With the data that will emerge, a structured training program will be developed with specific modules that will be compatible for both online and conventional classroom training.
The project will focus on studying the current and future uses of telemedicine, mobile health applications and automated patient messaging technology. It is expected that it will also help identify potential new, unexplored digital resources that could be leveraged to improve efficiency and effectiveness in clinical practice.
The final phase of the EUR 2.3 million ‘ TRANSiTION ‘ Program will be to assess the impact of the entire project on patient care delivery and to study how the implementation of the entire project could be extended across Europe with the support of private partners.
– EUROPEAN CANCER PATIENT COALITION (ECPC), Belgium;
– EUROPEAN ONCOLOGY NURSING SOCIETY (EONS), Belgium;
– SERVIZO GALEGO DE SAUDE (SERGAS), Spain;
- FUNDACION BIOMEDICA GALICIA SUR, Spain;
– EUROPEAN CANCER ORGANIZATION (ECO), Belgium;
– SVEUCILISTE JOSIPA JURJA STROSSMAYERA U OSIJEKU MEDICINSKI FAKULTET OS IJEK
– KLINICKI BOLNICKI CENTAR SPLIT (KBC SPLIT), Croatia;
– PADAGOGISCHE HOCHSCHULE HEIDELBERG (PHHD), Germany;
– ASSOCIACAO DE INVESTIGACAO DE CUIDADOS DE SUPORTE EM ONCOLOGIA (AICSO),
– MITROPOLITIKO COLLEGE ANONYMI EKPAIDEYTIKI ETAIRIA (MITROPOLITIKO, Greece;
– LINAC-PET SCAN OPCO LIMITED (GOC), Cyprus;
– NACIONALINIS VEZIO INSTITUTAS (NCI), Lithuania;
– PCG POLSKA SP (ZOO) (PCG Polska), Poland;
– UNIVERSITAETSKLINIKUM FREIBURG (UKLFR), Germany;
– VSI SMART HEALTH DIH (Health DIH), Lithuania;
– INSTITUTUL ONCOLOGIC PROF DR ION CHIRICUTA CLUJ-NAPOCA (IOCN), Romania;
– ISTITUTO EUROPEO DI ONCOLOGIA SRL (IEO), Italy;
– EUROPEAN HEALTH MANAGEMENT ASSOCIATION (EHMA), Belgium;
– UNIVERSITE DE BRETAGNE OCCIDENTALE (UBO), France;
– UNIVERSITATEA DE MEDICINA SI FARMACIE CAROL DAVILA DIN BUCURESTI (UMFCD
– WELLICS EFARMOGES EREVNAS KAI PLIROFORIKIS MONOPROSOPI IKE (WELLICS), Greece,
– FUNDACIO PER A LA UNIVERSITAT OBERTA DE CATALUNYA (FUOC), Spain
– BULGARIAN GENERAL PRACTICE SOCIETY FOR RESEARCH AND EDUCATION (BGPSRE),
– UNIVERZA V MARIBORU (UM), Slovenia
– INSTITUT CATALA D’ONCOLOGIA (ICO), Spain
Source : Cyprus University of Technology I News (https://bit.ly/3Wsd6rv)