Horizon 2020 - Science with and for Society 2019 Brokerage Event - Registration Open
Brokerage event targeted at all stakeholders interested in the Science with and for Society Programme of Horizon 2020 - 14 December 2018
Registration Open until 6 December 2018
The ‘Science with and for Society’ programme will be instrumental in addressing the European societal challenges tackled by Horizon 2020, building capacities and developing innovative ways of connecting science to society. It will make science more attractive (notably to young people), increase society's appetite for innovation, and open up further research and innovation activities.
It allows all societal actors (researchers, citizens, policy makers, business, third sector organisations etc.) to work together during the whole research and innovation process in order to better align both the process and its outcomes with the values, needs and expectations of European society. This approach to research and innovation is called Responsible Research and Innovation (RRI).
Please be informed that participation in this event is only possible for those who have already registered and the priority will be given to the participants of bilateral meetings. Your participation is confirmed only when your profile is validated by the organisers. It is allowed the participation of maximum 2 people per organisation.
Are you interested in participating in Science with and for Society?
The brokerage event will be of particular interest and relevance to members of the Science with and for Society research community who are looking for networking and funding opportunities within Horizon 2020.
This event is organized by SiS.net2, the international network of National Contact Points (NCPs) in the field of Science with and for Society in Horizon 2020 in cooperation with the European Commission. If you want more info about SWAFS Programme in horizon 2020 you can contact your National NCP! National Contact Points are appointed for the Science with and for Society programme, for each country participating in Horizon 2020, EU member states, associated countries and third countries. Find your Science with and for Society NCP here.
Why to participate?
Do you intend to prepare a proposal under Science with and for Society 2019 call for proposals? Start building your consortium in Brussels, on 14th of December 2018!
- To get detailed information on the Horizon 2020 calls of the Science with and for Society Programme
- To get to know key R&D players including researchers, representatives from CSOs and NGOs, practitioners, research programme managers as well as policy makers and research leaders
- To participate in short, sharp 20 minutes one-to-one meetings to foster effective networking
- To present, discuss and develop new project ideas at international level
- To initiate cross-border contacts and co-operations and to facilitate the setup of Horizon 2020 project consortia
The SwafS Work Programme 18-20 is built around the following five strategic orientations:
- Accelerating and catalysing processes of institutional change,
- Stepping up the support to Gender Equality in Research & Innovation policy,
- Building the territorial dimension of SwafS partnerships,
- Exploring and supporting citizen science, and
- Building the knowledge base for SwafS.
More information: https://horizon-swafs2019.b2match.io/