The 3rd Cyprus Oncology Conference
New frontiers in Cancer Prevention and Personalised Treatment. 27-29 October 2017, Mediterranean Beach Hotel, Limassol, Cyprus.
Patron: His excellency Mr. Nicos Anastasiades, President of the Republic of Cyprus
Under the auspices of the Ministry of Health and the Pancyprian Medical Association
- Breast Cancer
- Colorectal Cancer
- Gynaecological Cancers
- Head and Neck Cancer
- Palliative/Supportive Care
- Thoracic Cancers
- Urological Cancers
- Cancer Prevention and early detection
- Cancer Immunotherapy
- Personalized medicine
On behalf of the Cyprus Anti-Cancer Society and the Cyprus Oncology Society, it is my pleasure to invite you to participate in the 2017 Cyprus Oncology Conference to be held in Limassol, Cyprus between the 27th and 29th of October 2017.
Through our distinguished speakers we bring together health care professionals from many countries and many fields of expertise for an exceptional forum of lectures, debates, discussions and multidisciplinary interaction. The Conference will discuss new research findings especially in relation to personalized medicine and immunotherapy and how we incorporate those into our daily clinical practice. There is going to be focus on cancer prevention, early detection and supportive/palliative care.
The Cyprus Anti-Cancer Society and the Cyprus Oncology Society feel proud to host this extraordinary Conference in the beautiful and cosmopolitan city of Limassol, with its cultural sights and exciting attractions. Please make a note in your calendar for this Conference. We look forward to meeting you in Limassol in October 2017.
On behalf of the Organizing Committee
Dr Haris Charalambous BM, MRCP, FRCR,
Consultant Clinical Oncologist
- Prof. Athanassios Argyris, Professor of Medical Oncology, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, PA, USA
- Prof Aristotelis Bamias, Αssociate Professor of Medical Oncology, University of Athens, Athens, Greece
- Dr Raanan Berger, Director of the Institute of Oncology, Sheba Cancer Center, Ramat Gan, Israel
- Dr George Christopoulos, Consultant Gynaecologist, Clinical Lead Thames Valley Fertility, London, U.K.
- Prof. Jack Cuzick, Director of the Wolfson Institute of Preventive Medicine, London, U.K.
- Prof. Simon Hollingsworth, Executive Director, Oncology, AstraZeneca, Cambridge, U.K.
- Dr Nicholas Kalavrezos, Consultant Maxillofacial Surgeon, University College London Hospital, London, U.K.
- Dr Vincent Khoo, Consultant Clinical Oncologist, Royal Marsden Hospital, London, U.K.
- Dr James Larkin, Consultant Medical Oncologist, Royal Marsden Hospital, London, U.K.
- Dr Andreas Makris, Consultant Clinical Oncologist, Mount Vernon Cancer Centre, London, U.K.
- Prof. David Miles, Consultant Medical Oncologist, Mount Vernon Cancer Centre, London, U.K.
- Mr Raj Naik, Consultant Gynaecological Oncologist, Northern Gynaecological Oncology Centre, Gateshead, U.K.
- Dr. George Pentheroudakis, Associate Professor of Medical Oncology, Ioannina University Hospital, Ioannina, Greece
- Prof. Ruth Plummer, Professor of Experimental Cancer Medicine, Newcastle University, Newcastle upon Tyne, U.K.
- Dr Sanjay Popat, Consultant Medical Oncologist, Royal Marsden Hospital, London, U.K.
- Prof David Sebag-Montefiore, Professor of Clinical Oncology, St James Institute of Oncology, Leeds, U.K.
- Prof Michael Silbermann, Executive director Middle East, Cancer Consortium, Haifa, Israel
- Prof Ourania Tsitsiloni, Associate Professor in Immunology, University of Athens, Athens, Greece
Call for abstracts
Authors with new findings are invited to submit an abstract for review by the Scientific Committee at www.cyoncologyconference2017.com by the 30th of September 2017.
All accepted abstracts, which will be eligible for oral or poster presentations, received prior to September 30th, 2017 will be published in the Meeting’s abstract book. Any abstracts, received after September 30th, 2017 will not be considered.
For additional information, including submission instructions and guidelines, please visit the website at:
Young Investigator Awards
To encourage participation of young oncologist / health care professionals in training, a number of awards for outstanding abstracts are going to be awarded by the Organizing Committee. Candidates can be of any profession and from any country.
Apply for an Award when submitting your abstract at the conference website.
- Must be of age 35 years or younger
- In training or in practice for 5 years or less
- Abstract ranged in the top 20% of all accepted abstracts
- Letter of support from Head of their Department
Venue and Accommodation
The 3rd Cyprus Oncology Conference “New Frontiers in Cancer Prevention and Personalized Treatment” will be
held at the “Mediterranean Beach Hotel” in Limassol, Cyprus.
NO REGISTRATION FEES
Who should attend?
This Conference is intended for physicians, oncologists, surgeons and all other scientists and health professionals who are engaged in or are interested in cancer prevention and/or treatment of cancer patients.
For the convenience of participants, Continuing Medical Education (CME) points will be provided for respective
Satellite Symposia and Exhibition
Satellite Symposia on specific topics will be scheduled around the main Symposium. An extensive commercial exhibition will be organized with sample time for attendees to visit.
The Conference Website is your most “up-to-date” resource for the latest program information, online abstract submission and online registration.
We encourage you to visit the website for Conference program updates at www.cyoncologyconference2017.com
Ms Annita Sergides
Email: [email protected]
Tel.: +357 22446222
Fax: +357 22316822
Congress & Social Events Solutions
Εmail: [email protected]m.com